Import / Export
Proxyman supports multiples traffic log files from Proxyman and Charles Proxy.
- Proxyman Log: Built-in Proxyman Log that contains all Requests and Responses information.
- Proxyman Session: Entire working session files that are exported from the Proxyman app.
- HAR 1.2 (HTTP Archive): Suitable for transferring the HTTP Request and Response to other apps for the later inspector. Charles, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and other Network Analyzer apps are fully supported.
- Charles Proxy Log: Charles Log that exports from Charles Proxy app. The file extension is chls.
- CSV File: Export selected requests as a CSV file (Proxyman 2.29.0+)
- Charles Proxy Log for iOS (Proxyman 2.30.0+): File extension is chlsj.
- Export as Postman Collection 2.
If you would like to save an entire working Session, please read the Save Session Page.
You can export:
- List of selected Requests or Responses.
- All traffic from specific Client or Domain Node or Remote Devices.
- An entire working session.
- Export as Proxyman LOG or ProxymanSession, Body or Raw tab.
It's useful to export a bug request that you can investigate later or send to your QA team.
Proxyman offers a useful command line that helps you perform that import/export operation by a bash script.
- Drag and drop files to Proxyman Window
- File -> Open -> Select a file
The imported file will be added to the Pin Section where you can inspect all traffic.
There are many ways to export a selected request to files:
- Select Request & Response on the main table view -> Right Click -> Export
- Right Click on the App or Domain -> Export