Proxyman Proxy Helper Tool
At the first launch, Proxyman will present the Popup to install the Proxyman Proxy Helper Tool. You can skip it and install it later in Preference -> Advanced Tab.
MacOS Ventura or later requires permission to work properly.
To grant the permission, please follow the step:
- 1.Open System Setting -> General -> Login Items
- 2.Find Proxyman and Switch ON ✅
Grant permission to Proxyman Helper Tool
If you're a guest or non-admin user, the
networksetupCLI would fail and could not change the HTTP/HTTPS Proxy config until you install Proxyman Proxy Helper Tool.
Proxyman Proxy Helper Tool has privileged permission to override the proxy config for all kinds of users.
We highly recommend installing Proxyman Helper Tool if you're a guest or non-admin user to make the UX smoother.
You can uninstall the Proxy Helper Tool in Preference -> Advanced Tab -> Uninstall Proxy Setting Tool or delete it directly at
- Comply with new macOS 13 Ventura Requirements for Helper Tool
- Show App Icon & App Name on the Login-Items
Display correct Proxyman icon and App Name
After installing the 1.4.0, the Login Item might not be updated due to the cache layer of the Preference.
To fix it:
- 1.Open Terminal app -> Run:
- 2.Restart the macOS
- Remember and restore to your previous Proxy Setting.
- Gracefully revert the HTTP Proxy Config if Proxyman is crashed.
If you've encountered this error when installing the helper Tool:
The operation couldn’t be completed. (CFErrorDomainLaunchd error 9.)