How to install Proxyman Certificate to iOS Simulators
In order to capture the HTTP/HTTPS message from your iOS Simulator devices, please navigate to:
- Certificate Menu -> Install Certificate on iOS -> Simulators
Automatically install the Certificate to iOS Simulators
It works for iOS, iPadOS, tvOS and watchOS.
The following photo describes three steps:
- 2.Install Proxyman Certificate to all available simulators, which you have opened at least one time.
- 3.Reset the Simulator: Proxyman tries to reset all simulators, so it will load the new Certificate.
simctl is built-in on your installed Xcode, which is more modern and reliable than the legacy approach (Use Python custom scripts).
This step only installs on Simulators, which you have open at least one time
For instance, if you would like to debug on iPhone X Simulator, please make sure to open the iPhone X Simulator first, then install the Certificate in Step 2
If you're using Xcode Preview for SwiftUI, you can install the certificate into the Xcode Preview Simulator by following:
- 1.Open Xcode with Previewer Mode (SwiftUI).
- 2.Open Proxyman -> Certificate Menu -> Install for iOS -> Simulator
- 3.Click on the Advanced button -> Install for Xcode Preview
If you get errors when clicking on Step 2, please open Xcode -> Preferences -> Location tabs -> Select your Xcode in the Command Line Tools.
Make sure you have the Xcode Command Line
- Opening the Setting app -> General -> About -> Certificate Trust Settings and verify that Proxyman Certificate is installed and trusted.
Proxyman Certificate is installed and trusted properly
If it's not installed:
- Open the iOS Simulator Setup (Certificate Menu -> Install Certificate on iOS -> Simulator) and click on the 2nd button.
- Or Try the following step to manually install the Certificate.
Alamofire or URLSession might use the cached response for your request. As a result, the actual request doesn't hit the server. Thus, Proxyman could not capture and display it on the app.
If you could not install the certificate, you can manually do it:
- 1.Open Proxyman -> Certificate Menu -> Export -> Root Certificate as DER -> Save to Desktop Folder
- 2.Open the Simulator and drag the certificate and drop it on the Simulator screen
- 3.Open Setting app (on the Simulator) -> General -> Device Management -> Select the Certificate -> Install
- 4.Setting app -> General -> About -> Certificate Trust Settings and verify that Proxyman Certificate is installed and trusted.
- 5.Done ✅